A new website was launched on April 18, 2012 to promote the Vietnam Clubfoot Program, a nation wide clubfoot treatment program in Vietnam supported by both Prosthetics Outreach Foundation (POF) and the Vietnamese Ministry of Health. The website, www.vnclubfoot.org is a resource for clinics, doctors, parents of children with clubfoot and the general public of Vietnam.
The Vietnam Clubfoot Program is an alliance of Vietnam based clubfoot clinics supported by POF and the Vietnam Ministry of Health. Each clinic is dedicated to helping children throughout Vietnam to receive the Ponseti Method of clubfoot management to prevent lifelong disability. The program focuses on the training of clinical teams, evaluation of clinical team performance, community sensitization and the leveraging of resources through strategic partnership.
The Vietnam Clubfoot Program website was developed to provide information to the clinics, doctors, parents of children with clubfoot, and the general public.
The main features of website include:
- General information about clubfoot and the Ponseti method of clubfoot management
- Clinic locations throughout Vietnam
- Patient success stories
- News featuring information relevant to the clubfoot community in Vietnam such as upcoming trainings
- Free resources available for download such as:
- Clinic poster (Vietnamese language)
- Brochure and booklet with information for parents of children born with congenital clubfoot (Vietnamese language)
- Global Help Ponseti manual in Vietnamese for clinicians in the field
The combination of the resource materials in Vietnamese language and information about clubfoot that’s provided on the site creates a very strong resource for clinicians and parents in Vietnam.